Historically, companies put all the effort in their clients rather than in their human capital. Maybe in the past, it was harder to understand the consequences of it. Today, and due to the social media revolution, everyone has a voice, the customer and the employees. The best way to build a good reputation is starting at home as we say in Spanish.
Here is an option that could help you to improve the perception of your company with your staff: Replace or renew the intranet for a group or forum.
Realistically, the intranet is old fashion. There is no possible interaction with it because is a one-way channel. You open your browser, and the only things you can see are the ones that the company are imposing to you. You cannot even choose the content. The solution could be to have an internal group on Facebook for example or a forum to give your employees the possibility to:
- Get to know each other
- Build more long-term relationships with your people
- Create an authentic community
- Promote the work of each department
- Advocacy which means returning visitors at some point and more impact
- Asking and answering to different type of questions
- Get them well informed at any time
- Ask for feedback
We have changed from one paradigm to new one. And there are two things I find fascinating related to this topic:
- To see the HR and the Marketing areas working together as one team. Something almost unthought-of in the past
- To maximise the efforts with the aim to build one community for customers and employees
I would love to hear your thoughts on this topic. Feel free to leave your comments in the box below!