Tips on How to Successfully Organise a Social Q&As
- Write a post and invite everyone to participate. Promote the activity everywhere. Signpost is always a must!
– When to answer?
- In social media channels, people wants to have the answer straight away. Therefore my recommendation is to set a specific day and time to be able to answer instantly in terms of having a Live Q&A
- For forums: you want the conversation to last as long as possible. As much questions, as much content. So the best thing would be to reply once a day or a week depending on how many questions you have received
– Do it as often as necessary but do not abuse: This should be your ace under the sleeve. Use it in a smart and strategic way
– Do not be scared of questions: You will be asked about everything and anything, even things like who is best, Messi or Ronaldo?! (Of course Messi!)
– Share a report internally with results, insights, and outcomes: this could be helpful for all the areas in the company
– Invite other areas to participate in the Q&As. This could be a strategic move for two reasons:
- To get different and more specific questions in each session
- To encourage your colleagues to spend time in the community with the aim to experience how important and powerful digital media could be
When to Host a Session
- Release a new product
- Try to revert the image of the company
- Want to give the community the possibility to interact with real people
- The interaction is low
- You have a crisis
- Open a transparent and honest dialogue with your audience
- Get people involved with the brand
- Improve brand’s perception by being transparent and ready to discuss sensitive topics
- Great way to get feedback
Do you have any other top tips to share? Do it below!